Safer recruitment is an essential part of safeguarding. Whether you’re a commercial business, statutory organisation, voluntary group or recruitment agency, it’s important you have rigorous safer recruitment at the heart of your organisation to ensure that your organisation is safe.
This one day Safer Recruitment course covers
- Changes and updates to safer recruitment requirements
- An understanding of offender behaviour
- Identifying the key features of staff recruitment that help deter or prevent the appointment of unsuitable people
- How to create and maintain an ongoing culture of vigilance
- Opportunities to consider policies and practice that minimise opportunities for abuse or ensure its prompt reporting
This course promotes safer recruitment practice and challenges poor and unsafe processes. Delegates will have opportunities to examine how to continually assess the ‘suitability’ of their workforce and learn how to implement safeguarding audits to evidence performance and identify gaps.
All delegates receive a comprehensive handout and certificate of participation