Safeguarding and Child Protection Training for School Governors & Trustees
Date: October 19th 2022
Time: 9.30 am – 12.30 pm
Venue: Online via Zoom
Trainer: Jeff Kayne
Register Your Interest
KCSIE states that ‘Governing bodies should ensure that they facilitate a whole school or college approach to safeguarding. This means ensuring safeguarding and child protection are at the forefront and underpin all relevant aspects of process and policy development’.
This training session is designed to provide Governors relevant and current information required to effectively exercise strategic leadership for the school or college’s safeguarding arrangements to ensure that policies, procedures and training are both fit for purpose and compliant.
During this session, delegates will learn about:
- Understanding the role and responsibilities of a governor with respect to safeguarding and child protection
- Developing an understanding of the legal responsibilities as part of the governing body and recognition of the key policies that schools and colleges must comply with
- Collaboratively working with the Designated Safeguarding Lead and the Deputy Designated Safeguarding Leads
- Safeguarding and child protection files, audits, policy reviews and key performance indicators
- The current picture, e.g. pandemic to endemic, peer-on-peer abuse, mental health and online safety..
All delegates receive a comprehensive handout and certificate of participation