Caring for Unaccompanied Asylum Seeking Children – Available for commission
Trainer: Karlene Wong
£100 per delegate
This course can be delivered online via a secure Zoom session or face to face.
All delegates receive a comprehensive handout and certificate of participation
Young asylum-seekers are among the most vulnerable groups of children and young people in care. This is largely due to their experience of war and conflict, as well as adapting to a new environment, usually unable to speak English. This training/workshop will enable learners to understand the needs of unaccompanied asylum-seeking children (UASC) in more detail.
During this packed and informative training, delegates will learn:
- Understanding the complexities of immigration
- Introduction to age assessment process
- Learning about cross-cultural care and communication
- Supporting education and health for children from abroad
- Safeguarding and trafficking
- Transitions and Leaving Care
- What next for UASC?