Being a Designated Safeguarding Lead is an ever-evolving role which requires you to undertake formal training every 2 years. Strong, effective leadership in ‘children centred services’ is the key driver in improving the quality of safeguarding practices is essential.
In this workshop, delegates will be encouraged to:
- Explore the role of the designated safeguarding lead
- Explore their own management and leadership style and analyse the part they play in creating a safeguarding culture that prioritises children’s wellbeing
- Create safer safeguarding systems
- Understand the legislative framework and regulatory compliance
They will also learn about:
- Statutory guidance and local updates
- How to evidence successful signs of safeguarding
- New and emerging child protection risks
- The future focus of Ofsted inspections
- The implications of the COVID-19 Pandemic on them and the children they care for.
All delegates receive a comprehensive handout and certificate of participation