Case Study – Croydon Council
The London Borough of Croydon borders Surrey to the south and Lambeth, Lewisham and Southwark to the north. Croydon is London’s southern-most borough and covers an area of 87 square kilometres.
Croydon shares similar demographic, economic and social characteristics with both inner and outer London boroughs but also faces unique challenges; compared to the other London boroughs it has:
• The highest overall population of all London boroughs
• One of the largest populations of children and young people
• One of the highest percentages of unaccompanied asylum seeking children compared to other London Boroughs
• Some of the most deprived areas.
Tailormade Training Solutions were commissioned to deliver bespoke training to family support workers and staff in children’s centres in order to ensure that their understanding of safeguarding responsibilities are kept up to date and that policies are in place which enable them to provide effective support within the children centres.
The Aims for all delegates:
- Explore the skills required to establish and maintain effective working relationships with parents
- Know how to participate in Croydon’s early intervention strategy to ensure that children and families are appropriately supported
- Understand the personal responsibility that you have to ensure that children’s development and well-being is at the centre of all case work with families
- Increased confidence.
- All attendees scored the style / presentation of the trainer 5 out of 5
- Armed with new skills, attendees feel equipped and confident to work with families who are uncooperative and understand the issues around ‘disguised compliance’
- Attendees described how participation in the course improved their understanding of the part they play in the Local Authorities Early Help strategy
- Knowledge of local and national guidance and resources to help continue their professional development
A very big thank you to Tailormade Training for a really productive team training day last week. Susan is an experienced, confident and highly skilled trainer and has such a great presentation style, providing lots of opportunities to ask questions and talk about real life examples. This training has had a positive difference on staff confidence levels and has given us, as managers, a valuable opportunity to review current procedures and focus on areas of improvement.
There was a great balance between theory and practice and the interactive nature encouraged honest and open communication amongst everyone which really helped clarify staff knowledge, confidence and heavily contributed to our Staff Training Action Plan and CDP.
Our aim is to assist you to create safer environments for children and your workforce.